Sleningford Watermill Caravan & Camping Park - Pitches
Please see our new Park Map
The majority of our facilities are situated around the central courtyard area.
At the end of a long driveway, the park sits serenely alongside the banks of the River Ure. The Watermill itself forms a beautiful focal point to the park which comprises 14 acres of mature river meadow. There are four distinct areas in the park: the Driveway, the Mill Field, Riverside and the Island. (The latter is bounded by the river and the mill race which formerly powered the mill’s waterwheel.)
The Driveway and Mill Field pitches are for our seasonal guests, whilst Riverside, comprising seven hard-standing pitches with EHU are for touring caravans and motorhomes. The Island is divided into grass pitches for EHU (any type of unit) and a large grass area for those not requiring EHU, mainly tents, but also caravans with solar power etc.
Whilst we try to accommodate everyone’s preferences, pitches are allocated according to various criteria primarily promptness of booking. Therefore it is wise to book early where possible. There is scope on the booking form to indicate your preferences which will be met if possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
Island Pitches: Electric
- Watermill: pitches in a linear arrangement. These are the pitches closest to the showers and toilets on the Island.
- Horseshoe: pitches arranged in an attractive horseshoe shape. These are also reasonably close to the showers and toilets
- Oak Tree: large pitches in a linear arrangement. A little further from the showers and toilets. (Approximately 3 mins walk)
- Long Meadow: large pitches in a linear arrangement. A little further from the showers and toilets. (Approximately 4 mins walk)
- Mole End: pitches at the far end of the campsite, delightfully private. Usually these are just allocated to caravans and motorhomes because of the longer walk to the showers and toilets. (approximately 6 mins walk). Please note dogs are not permitted on the Mole End pitches.
Island Pitches: Non Electric
Sleningford Watermill, North Stainley, Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 3HQ Tel: 01765 635201