Sleningford Watermill 2018
Sleningford Watermill Caravan & Camping Park – Pitches
Please see our Park Map
The majority of our facilities are situated around the central courtyard area.
At the end of a long driveway, the park sits serenely alongside the banks of the River Ure. The Watermill itself forms a beautiful focal point to the park which comprises 14 acres of mature river meadow. There are four distinct areas in the park: the Driveway, the Mill Field, Riverside and the Island. (The latter is bounded by the river and the mill race which formerly powered the mill’s waterwheel.)
The Driveway and Mill Field pitches are for our seasonal guests, whilst Riverside, comprising seven hard-standing pitches with EHU, is for touring caravans and motorhomes. The Island is divided into grass pitches for EHU (any type of unit) and a large grass area for those not requiring EHU, mainly tents, but also caravans with solar power etc.
Whilst we try to accommodate everyone’s preferences, pitches are allocated according to various criteria, primarily promptness of booking. Therefore it is wise to book early where possible. There is scope on the booking form to indicate your preferences which will be met if possible, but cannot be guaranteed. We do not provide electric camping cables to guests, so please make sure that you bring the appropriate equipment if you have booked an electric pitch (although we do lend out extension cables to guests whose cables aren’t long enough to reach their bollard).
These attractive pitches are all hard-standing areas, with grass space alongside the pitch allowing space for an awning. They are right on the river bank affording excellent views of the river, perfectly situated to spot our herons and kingfishers. They are also the pitches closest to our reception and the Courtyard toilets and showers which include a toilet and shower equipped for access for those with a disability or limited mobility.
Island Pitches: Electric
These pitches are all grass areas, at least 10m wide, varying in length depending on the area. They are clearly demarcated by wooden posts, indicating direction etc.
– Watermill: pitches in a linear arrangement. These are the pitches closest to the showers and toilets on the Island.
– Horseshoe: pitches arranged in an attractive horseshoe shape. These are also reasonably close to the showers and toilets
– Oak Tree: large pitches in a linear arrangement. A little further from the showers and toilets. (Approximately 3 mins walk)
– Long Meadow: large pitches in a linear arrangement. A little further from the showers and toilets. (Approximately 4 mins walk)
– Mole End: pitches at the far end of the campsite, delightfully private. Usually these are just allocated to caravans and motorhomes because of the longer walk to the showers and toilets. (approximately 6 mins walk). Please note dogs are not permitted on the Mole End pitches.
Island Pitches: Non Electric
There is plenty of space on our non-electric area, as we do not like the park to be over-crowded and only accept a set number of bookings. Please mention in the “additional details” section of the booking form if you need to be pitched near the showers and toilets and we will try to accommodate your request.